About Me

My photo
Hope is Healing Life Revealing This is mine...

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Secrets of a Fading Star

Does it even make sense anymore? This disillusionment of joy? This Chaos of residual energy, a hope that still lingers... Am I more than what I see? What is it in me that they catch a glimpse of that makes them believe? It's the cellophane again, just a projection from me, my fuel is that of a star, because when I glow, I show and I can be seen from so far away, but that is where I keep them at a distance, they can't see how I'm burning out, but you do, this kinetic spark stops and it pauses my heart, it's the breath you give that makes me live, it fills me up just before the ember fades, you stoke it and revive me until I burn so brightly, It all comes from you, and sometimes it's just not fair how you choose, from one's life's light to the next. You take your breeze away and I can feel the smoldering restriction return to my breast, all the while I've said I've tried my best, I am only what you have made me, a soul that clings to you. At some point the choices become mine, They have been so wrong, this child inside me still longs for your hand to hold, you are my guide, My light is yours and yours is mine. I have begged to be free from the paths and choices that have been laid through my own masionry work, now I ask that that you be the navigator of this turf. For some this life is a gift, they just don't understand what it is be at the bottom of the pit, their joy is double edged sword, an inspiration and reminder that it's "their world" I'm just existing in it. My world is a little different it seems, no one really know's how I long to be free of what has been given to me, The dawn has never seemed so beautiful before as when I sat on the open shore and prayed that I would get to paint the horizon with you some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment