About Me

My photo
Hope is Healing Life Revealing This is mine...

Friday, January 20, 2012

Dissappointment

I thought you could see straight through into the heart of me,
I guess it wasn't real after all
I came to you for strength and you let me fall.
I even apologized to you for bailing out and crumbling under the pressure, for being afraid of failure.
For doing what she did,  I told you I just wanted to be everything you need.
I hurt you unintentionally, thought I was protecting you and those beautiful babies from the circumstances that defeat me. I didn't want to drag you down with me, thought I was setting you free from the craziness that comes with me. I was really calling out for help, looking for you to lift me up, thought you could see straight through into the need in me. I thought you would respond gently, but you shut the show down down, graced me with your cold shoulder, I guess that's what I get for getting my hopes up about a man, thought I found someone strong enough to grab my hand and help me stand. It was your shoulder I was begging to lean on, You left me on the ground, and still somehow I'm found myself with my foot on the gas unable to accelerate and leave, I was still waiting and out you came to rescue me. You lifted me up and carried me, held me all night long just to make me sing another sad love song. I thought a Beast for a Beast, what a Love Feast, it's a damned shame you bitched out on me when I was in my moment of need. You also disappointed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment